Graduate Student Resources
As a graduate student at USC, you will be supported both within and outside the classroom with a wide variety of resources we offer. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Graduate Student Government (GSG) serves as an advocate, event planner, program funder and campus information resource for USC graduate students. Run by students who are elected by the graduate student body, GSG offers you the opportunity to join special-interest communities and make new friends while helping your peers.
- USC’s Graduate Students’ Advocates represent the interests of all graduate and professional students at the university and serve as a liaison with USC administration. Appointed annually, GSAs strive to improve the overall quality of life for the graduate student body.
- USC Housing offers graduate students on-campus residences or off-campus apartments specially designed to give you (and your family) privacy and independence. Some 500 spaces have been set aside for graduate students in our North University Park area. Students also have easy access to public transportation if they choose to live away from campus.
- To find out what’s cooking and where, visit the USC Hospitality website. You will find listings for our residential dining facilities, as well as on-campus retail cafés and other food services. “USC Room Service” is even available for those living in university residences!
- Visit USC Transportation to find parking on campus and purchase parking permits, get shuttle bus schedules and learn more about the Campus Cruiser “safe ride home” program.
- USC’s Office of Religious Life sponsors a variety of opportunities for exploring the spiritual dimensions of your life and learning. The university offers over 80 student organizations dedicated to religious observance, serving virtually every faith. Worship is held in churches, synagogues, mosques, temples and other sites near campus and in the non-denominational United University Church.
- USC partners with Children’s Creative Learning Centers (CCLC) to offer high-quality, accredited child care programs that serve children from six weeks to five years, with locations at both UPC and HSC.
- USC offers many opportunities to compete in sports events and maintain personal fitness. In addition to a thriving intramural sports program, 58 student-run clubs offer recreational and team sports. For more information, click here.